Originally, I wanted this recipes to be for gluten-free crackers inspired by some I had recently that were filled with nori and sesame seeds. But the oven-gods did not see that in my future, so I changed it up to be a savory granola.
Across Pinterest and other food mediums, savory takes on usually sweet breakfasts have been very trendy. (Think savory overnight oats or savory oatmeal topped with kale and avocado.) I recently saw a recipe for a savory yogurt bowl and thought a savory granola recipe would be an amazing crunchy finish to it.
This granola (or cracker wannabe) is filled with healthy seeds and grain-free! Try it as a snack with some fruit, a topping to yogurt, or even a savory spin for your smoothie bowl toppings.
- 1/3 flaxseeds
- 3 sheets of nori, shredded
- 1/3 cup chia seeds
- 1/3 cup ground flaxmeal
- 1/3 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2-3 tablespoons of water
- In a food processor, combine all the ingredients besides the water.
- Pulse until the mix comes together. Then feed in the water. Add enough until the mix just sticks together.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Spread out the mix thinly onto a lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until golden.
- Let the granola completely cool, then break into pieces.