"Can I be a hand model?"
That's not how this recipe was started, but rather how it ended.
See cookie monster, has been eating better, and well, there aren't so many cookies. In attempt to find a snack and dish to keep on hand I came up with these gluten-free chicken tenders that are easy to make and store well in the freezer. Because let's be honest, quick and easy meals or a high protein snack is essential to have.
But, to say the least, these have been cookie monster as well as banana approved. Easy to make in big batches, these chicken tenders taste great, are good for you, and are free of any weird fillers that tend to be in store-bought chicken nuggets/tenders.
Bake these babies up!
- 1 egg + 3 tablespoons water, whisked
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1/3 cup ground flax meal
- 1/2 cup ground almonds (not too fine, still some chunks should remain)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3 lbs of boneless, skinless, chicken breast or already sliced chicken tenders
- Coconut oil
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Whisk together the egg and water and slice your chicken into tender pieces if not already done.
- Prepare a baking sheet- line with foil and place an oven safe wire rack on top.
- Combine the rest of the ingredients, minus to coconut oil on a plate or flat bowl.
- Dip your tenders into the egg base, then the dry crumb coating. Set tenders aside.
- Once all tenders are coated, heat about 1 tablespoon of coconut oil in a frying pan. Lightly fry each tenders (about 1 minutes) until the crust gets golden. Then place on the wire rack.
- Bake the tenders for 15-20 minutes, or until the chicken is fully cooked.