It's been unbearably cold in the city- and by that, I mean freezing toes, no heat in the office for 2 days, and full on flannel pajama wearing all day.
I always crave hot cocoa on chilly days. While I've come a long way from the overly processed packets I religiously drank in high school and college (still makes a great mocha combo with instant espresso!), I wanted to make a healthier alternative that I felt good about drinking and could also sneak as a better option for the cookie monster.
From caramel lattes, instant coffee, pour-over's, hot cocoa, espresso, turmeric lattes, and adaptogenic sips, my drink preferences have certainly evolved.
With that change and 2018 just around the corner, I wanted to take time to touch upon resolutions. While I don't believe in them (just check the stats on how often they fail), I do appreciate the new year as a time to reflect, reset, and embark on a journey to better your life and lifestyle.
This year I'd like to accomplish:
- being more grateful
- appreciating the little things in life
- accepting that gluten and dairy no longer fit into my diet (thanks eczema)
- cook more foods
- apply to the great American bake-off
And with that, I'll see you all in 2018!
- 1/3 cup Non-dairy hot chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup Cocoa Powder
- 3 tablespoons Coconut sugar
- 4 scoops of Collagen Powder
- 1 teaspoon Reishi Powder
- 1 teaspoon Maca Powder
- Pulse all the ingredients together in a food processor.
- Store in an air-tight jar.
- Take 1 1/2 cups of milk (plant-based, soy, or reg all work) and add to a sauce pot.
- Add 2 tablespoons of the mix.
- Heat on medium-to-low heat and whisk as the mixture warms.