Breakfast is by far my favorite type of food to eat. But I guess when you get into the technicalities, some of my favorite foods also cross into the "brunch" category.
In addition to my love morning meals, I cannot get enough of nut butters and granola. Creamy and crunch- I'm all about it!
I love granola so much, I've been considering purchasing this shirt to express it.
To combine a few of my favorite things for a perfect weekend lunch to enjoy while doing my mounds of school work (less than 4 months till graduation!), I thought a chia parfait would be a splendid idea. Spiced chia pudding layered with sweet potato and pear, all topped with peanut butter and granola- what could be better? Nada!
Check out this super easy and delicious recipe and whip it up for your next brunch, breakfast, or good food craving!
Servings: 1 chia parfait
- 2 tablespoons of chia seeds
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/2 pear, cubed,
- 1 roasted sweet potato, mashed, without the skin
- 2 tablespoons of your favorite PB or AB (this is my current obsession!)
- 1/3 cup of your favorite granola- this is mine!
- The night before, mix together your chia seeds, spices, and milk- this needs to sit for a minimum of 4 hours.
- The next day, roast your sweet potato and your pear. For the pear I tossed it with coconut oil and cinnamon and baked at 350 degrees for about 25 minutes.
- When you ingredients are ready- you can start the layering!
- Add half the chia pudding to a glass jar. Then add half the mashed sweet potato, half the pear, a drizzle of peanut butter, and half your serving of granola. Repeat for the next layer.
- Voila- you have a delicious breakfast or lunch filled with winter produce!