Man, it has been a week. Thankfully class is off this week and I'll get to catch up on work, terrible TV shows, and cooking (maybe).
For the past few months I've been cooking up roasted veggie bowls with fish burgers for dinner. At the beginning of the week I'll roast a whole bunch of veggies, rehear them and add them to w bowl with fish, spinach, and hummus.
I keep seeing this amazing bean dip on Instagram from my favorite foodies, but I cannot see to find it anywhere. So, I figured why not make my own! A great dip for veggies as a snack or for roasted vegetables at dinner, this flavorful dip also packs some great extra protein to keep you full!
Add this recipe into your food prep rotation- it comes together in no time!
- 1 1/2 cups of cooked black beans (if using canned, drain and rinse them)
- 1/4 cup finely diced red onion
- Juice and zest of one large lime (use two if on the smaller size)
- 1 teaspoon ground chili
- 1 teaspoon ground garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons red pepper flakes (less if you want less heat)
- 2 tablespoons cilantro
- Add all the ingredients to a food processor.
- Blend until a smooth consistency is reached. Scrape down sides as need to make sure all the ingredinets are mixed in well.
- If needed add more lime juice or a touch of water to help blend.
- Store in fridge- will last 7-9 days.