It's been a hot hot week here in NYC and all I can seem to crave are cold foods and drinks.
Enters in the chia raspberry beet smoothie. While this was my second attempt at the smoothie layering food trend, I have to say while the first was not as pretty, it was pretty darn tasty.
Aside from smoothie making, I've been waiting for my vacation this week to Charleston. It's kinda crazy to think I haven't had a break since January, but the beach and seafood are calling my name.
Here's to a week of relaxation.
Servings: 2 smoothies
- 4 tablespoons chia seeds
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- 1 teaspoon beet powder
- 1/2 cup frozen raspberries
- 1/2 cup frozen beets
- 1 teaspoon maca powder
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup greek yogurt or non-dairy yogurt of choice
- Granola, peanut butter, nuts (for topping)
- Combine the chia seeds, beet powder, and milk in a bowl. Let sit for 4 hours or overnight.
- To make the first layer of smoothie, blend together the raspberries, beets, maca, and milk.
- To make the second layer, use the remaining smoothie blend, but add in the yogurt.
- To assemble: spread the chia pudding on the bottom of your glass. Next add on the raspberry beet smoothie blend. Lastly, spoon on the raspberries beet smoothie with yogurt.
- Top with granola, peanut butter, or your favorite toppings!