Let's talk about being present.
Recently I've been trying to calm my mind and decrease the anxiety within. I'm trying to learn to take a step back, be present in the moment, and recognize what is going on around me in that very moment. For in that very moment there is no inherent danger.
While it is incredibly tough and this week has certainly be proving to be challenging, each day I grow a bit stronger.
Being present and in the moment also follows my belief of fueling yourself and being kind to your body. These bites are the perfect fall inspired recipe to fuel you up as a mid-morning snack or when those hanger pains set in- and yes, decreasing my hanger behavior is a goal in my being present mindset.
So be present, take a breathe, and embrace you inner basic with these bites.
Servings: 10 bites
- 1/3 cup raw cashews
- 1/3 cup raw almonds
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon flaxseeds
- 1 teaspoon hemp hearts
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin puree
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 2/3 cup pitted dates
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- Blend all ingredients in a food processor. Add water by 1/2 tablespoon if too dry or soak dates in water for 30 minutes prior if dried out.
- Once the mixture comes together, roll into bites.
- Enjoy and keep refrigerated!