Going low carb can suck, right?
Well, not with a little creativity. While I still love carbs and all the GF avo toast I can get, cookie monster has been on the mission to become the broccoli monster. And so together, we've said goodbye to Saturday morning toast, cereal munchies, and crackers with hummus.
As a huge fan of overnight oats, I am also looking for ways to mix it up and get a good source of protein in the AM. Aside from smoothies, oats are go-to for me. I decided to try and make a play on oats that had more plant-based protein and were lower carb. Thus the no-oat overnight oats were born.
- 2 tablespoons ground flax
- 1 tablespoon hemp hearts
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1/2 scoop collagen powder
- 1 tablespoon powdered peanut butter
- 2-3 drops liquid stevia
- 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 cup mashed raspberries
- Mixed together all the ingredients except the raspberries.
- Let sit overnight.
- Scoop half the mixture into a jar, then add the raspberries, and top it off with the remaining of the mixture.