These are definitely on repeat in my meal prep rotation.
I used to hate making meatballs or burgers, but once I found my groove, I loved how versatile they can be- whether with flavors or how your serve them.
Cookie Monster who should now better be renamed protein egg monster, loves theses! We eat them with broccoli, sweet potato fries, or chopped up in a big salad- our current go-to for dinner. It felt only appropriate to post some spicy meals while enjoying vacation in Texas.
So here's to a healthy, easy, and spicy bite. If there's one thing to be meal prepping this weekend, it's these balls...meatballs.
- 2 16 oz packs of ground turkey
- 2/3 cup finely diced onion
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons ghee
- 1/2 cup hot sauce (I like Frank's red hot)
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees
- Combine all the ingredients except the ghee and hot sauce in a bowl.
- Roll into small balls and place on a lined baking sheet.
- Bake the meatballs for 30-40 minutes until fully cooked.
- At the last 5-10 minutes of cooking, start the sauce.
- Combine the ghee and hot sauce in a small sauce pan. Let the mixture come to a soft boil and then lower the heat. Let the mixture continue to thicken.
- Once meatballs are fully cooked, toss in buffalo sauce.