While I'm all about healthy eating and a balanced diet, I was listening to a podcast this week and a line really struck me- "the start of your health journey starts with addressing your emotions."
For me, both have always gone hand-in-hand, but in that moment I recognized that might not always be the case for everyone. I view health in the holistic sense- addressing mental, physical, nutrition, and even financial in order to live your healthiest life.
Therapy has always been a part of my life since my dad got sick- through that I've gained skills to help me navigate through the tough times and learn how to communicate for what I need. Without those skills, I'm not sure where I'd be.
So while I'm not at hot yoga, spin class, hanging with the spin-monster (formerly cookie monster), I'm working with companies to create a healthier workplace and creating content to spread the wellness knowledge.
Don't be afraid.
Servings: 1 loaf
- 1 cup of shredded zucchini, with the liquid squeezed out
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons of maple syrup
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup toasted coconut flakes
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup unsweetened almond or non-dairy milk
- 1/2 cup coconut butter or favorite nut butter
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and grease a loaf pan and line with parchment paper.
- Combine the eggs, maple syrup, and coconut oil. Then fold in the zucchini.
- Next add in the vinegar, coconut flour, and baking soda.
- Fold in the the milk.
- Add in the coconut flakes.
- Pour half the batter into the greased loaf pan. Then pour half of the butter on top of the batter and swirl. Pour the remaining bread batter on top and repeat the swirl with the leftover coconut butter.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.