It's be I need to eat the whole brownie pan weeks.
While nothing in particular happened, it just felt like a slow, muggy, sad week. But what I've learned that while eating a whole pan of brownies feels good in the moment, the next moment isn't quite so sweet.
Instead, I let myself feel and be. It's ok to cry- and for me that's easier said then done. When you work your whole life to build walls to protect yourself it's hard to let them down and be emotional- but holding in your emotions only results in outbursts.
So to help you get through whatever you're experiencing this week, here are some brownies that aren't terrible if you need to eat the whole pan.
Servings: 16 pieces
- 1/2 cup mashed sweet potato
- 1 avocado, mashed
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup tapioca flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cacao powder
- 1/2 cup non-dairy chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and line a square 8 x 8 pan with parchment paper.
- Combine the mashed sweet potato, avocado, maple syrup, and egg.
- In a separate bowl combine the almond flour, tapioca, baking soda, salt, and cacao.
- Make a well in the dry ingredeitns and add in the sweet potato mix.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter in the pan and sprinkle additional chocoalte chips on top.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.