It has honestly been a pretty hectic week. Work has been a whirlwind with office improvements, the pup was sick this week, and of course midterms are approaching. But what better way to de-stress than to stress bake? The rush of pumpkin themed recipes on the Internet have been making me itch to start making pumpkin chili, pumpkin muffins, roasted pumpkin, and of course pumpkin bread. During on of my “I need to eat every snack in my kitchen moments” I was noshing on some Trader Joe’s Pumpkin O’s (yes, they’re kinda great, not gross, and have a small ingredient list!) and some candied ginger. And AHA- I thought wouldn’t a pumpkin bread with candied ginger be great? And so it is. I liked toasting it up and having some jam on it for breakfast, but it’s an all around winner for anytime munching.
CANDIED GINGER PUMPKIN BREAD
Breads and Dessert
1 hour 20 mins
1 hour 45 mins
- 1 15 oz can pumpkin puree
- ½ cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ cup Greek yogurt
- 2 cups white whole-wheat flour
- 1/2 cup candied ginger, finely chopped
- Turbinado sugar for sprinkling
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and grease a loaf pan.
- In a mixer, combine the sugar, pumpkin, coconut oil, maple syrup, and eggs. Then add in the vanilla paste.
- In a separate bowl combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon. In batches, add this dry mixture to the wet ingredients in your mixing bowl.
- Once all the dry ingredients are mixed in, add in the Greek yogurt. Lastly, fold in the finely chopped ginger.
- Pour the batter into your greased loaf pan and smooth the top with a spatula. For decorate add some thinly sliced candied ginger pieces to adorn the top. If you choose, sprinkle some turbinado sugar on top of the loaf.
- Bake for about 1 hour and 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Allow to cool for about 20 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.