It has been all too long since I have baked- mainly due to the fact that it was Passover and wheat was just a no-no. But then came taking my GREs which made me only naturally profusely sweat, get yelled at for taking my sweater off, and debate using gross headphones to block out other testers hacking away at their computers. Although I am all too used to that sound from dating a computer guy whose newest hobby is playing roller coaster tycoon- but I use food always as my leverage. As life semi goes back into place (but hey the name is Banana’s and it reflects in my hectic life and schedule) I hope the warm weather inspires new and flavorful recipes that don’t add extra flavor from sneezing due to pollen. From my avoiding-any-outside-contact-so-I’m-staying-in-the kitchen to yours- enjoy these kripsy and yummy cookies!
Krispy Cinnamon Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- 1 ¼ sticks of browned butter
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups of flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup of chocolate chips
- 1 cup of rice krispy cereal
- ¼ tablespoon ground cinnamon
- In a small saucepan, begin to melt your butter. Allow the butter to melt until it turns a golden brown color and produces a caramel fragrance.
- Then preheat your oven to 350 degrees and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the brown sugar and browned butter. Then add in the egg and egg yolk. (Make sure the batter isn’t to warm- you don’t want scrambled eggs!) Then add in the vanilla, baking soda, and salt.
- Next, add in the flour in small batches. Then mix in the chocolate chips and rice krispy cereal. Once the batter is fully incorporated, take a small spoon size of dough and pat into small mounds.
- Place on the baking sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes. Allow the cookies to fully cool on a wire rack.