I have to admit for the past two years I have been eating salad and yogurt every day for lunch. I do mix it up a bit and change some salad ingredients, but I am a creature of habit. Until one day I went into Whole Foods and found a lemon tahini dressing for my salad instead of my going for my usual balsamic. Let me say, it was game changing. But Whole Foods isn’t too close to drive to on a weekly basis to get my weekly dressing fix. Instead I decided to make a copycat- and I am pretty darn proud. It is lemony, creamy, and nutty, and makes my kale salads taste even better. This dressing is super easy to make, healthy for you, and free of any of those weird preservatives you often find in salad dressings.
Lemon Tahini Dressing
1 1/2 cups
- 4-5 tablespoons of tahini
- Juice of 3 lemons
- 2/3 cup of filtered water
- 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar
- 1 ½ tablespoons of olive oil
- Salt, pepper, and garlic powder to taste
- Blend all ingredients together in a blender or using a hand immersion blender.
- Note: This dressing have a strong lemon flavor. If you prefer a milder lemon taste, decrease the amount of lemon juice or add a bit more tahini for a nutty flavor.
Enjoy on top of your favorite salads or as a dip with cut up veggies!