Once again I've had to adapt the classic Cook's Illustrated Perfect Chocolate Chip cookie to make a crazy cookie concoction. Cook's Illustrated just creates the perfect cookie base- it is like a blank canvas that ingredients can be added to in order to make a decadent culinary conception.(Cook's Illustrated Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookie) I have to say these s'more cookies are addictive. The first time I made them they were gone in about an hour and then an hour after that I received some very angry yelling from my housemates, once again, that I am not aloud to make cookies anymore because they eat them all. There is my warning, but otherwise enjoy these delicious cookies that will take you back to sitting around a campfire and enjoying the good old outdoors.
- 1 3/4 Cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 3/4 (14 Tablespoons) Sticks of Unsalted Butter
- 1/2 Cup of Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 Cup of Brown Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 2 Teaspoons of Vanilla
- 1 Large Egg
- 1 Large Egg Yolk
- 1 1/4 Cups of Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 1 Cup of Crushed Graham Crackers
- Mini Marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place Butter into a pan on the stove. Melt the butter and allow it to brown.
- In a bowl combine the sugars, egg, egg yolk, vanilla, and salt.
- In a separate bowl mix the flour and baking soda together.
- Take the browned butter and add it to the sugar mixture. Whisk well to get out all of the lumps.
- Slowly add a small amount of the flour mixture and stir. Repeat until all the flour is well incorporated.
- Allow the dough mixture to cool for five minutes.
- Then add the chocolate chips, crushed graham crackers,
- Take a spoonful of dough and roll it into a ball. Place on a parchment lined cookie sheet and put into the over for 8-10 minutes. Then press 3 marshmallows on top of each cookie. (Note: the marshmallows will burn so watch the cookies!)
- Once cooked allow the cookies to cool, then move to a wire rack and allow the cookies to cool entirely.