It's been a bit of a crazy week and half, but it definitely calls for happy hour, or a good cocktail.
With all the holiday craziness, the office and school has been insane. I finished my last paper on food waste (which is fascinating to read about!) and found out I was being given a new opportunity at work- YAY!
As I worked on transitioning to my new position- one that I could not be more excited about, everything seemed crazy. But once the holiday weekend rolled around, I was able to sit back and appreciate all that life has given me.
While there have been many trials, errors, and hardships I have been dealt, I couldn't be happier with my outcomes. An amazing job with a company I love, 1 semester left of graduate school, the sweetest cookie monster, and a pup who always knows when I need a cuddle.
I guess 2016 wasn't so bad for me after all.
To celebrate life and ring in the New Year, enjoy this bubbly sip!
Servings: 2 drinks
- 2 oz gin, divided
- 1/2 cup pomegranate juice, divided
- Lime wedge, plus extra for garnish
- Prosecco or champagne
- Pomegranate arils for garnish
- Add 1 oz of gin to each glass.
- Add juice of one lime wedge and about 1/4 cup of pomegranate juice.
- Top with champagne or prosecco.
- Garnish with lime wedge and pomegranate arils.