This past week the cookie monster fled the coop and went on a boy's vacation + buisness trip. To me this meant two things: a girls night and getting to starfish in the bed. While the first did happen, the second was less likely. Let's be real- my 15 lb bichon-shitzu-maltese mix pup takes up half the bed. I don't know how, but he does.
But on to girls night! It wouldn't be complete without lots of snacks of course drinks! In my recent Trader Joe's haul I noticed a pure melon juice and the idea for a cocktail instantly popped into my head. Don't judge me.
Seeing this 100% pure juice I was so excited to make a fall themed cocktail. Filled with whiskey and ginger notes, this melon drink is the perfect sip to transition between summer and cool fall nights. Mix this up for a weekend drink or an afterwork cocktail. But as always, beware- they are strong!
Servings: 2 drinks
- 4 oz whiskey
- 1 cup pure melon juice, divided (I used one from Trader Joe's!)
- 1/4 cup ginger kombucha, divided (I love GT's!)
- Add ice to a whiskey glass. Divide the whiskey even between your two glasses.
- Next pour in the melon juice. Then top off with the kombucha- pour slowly to ensure it does not bubble over.
- Stir the mix and enjoy!
- Note: If you want to make this more of a punch and in a large batch for a party to serve 6-8 people, increase the amounts by 4 times.