I absolutely love pumpkin season. Whether it is pumpkin overnight oats, pumpkin muffins, or pie- I love it all. But maybe not a PSL... I try to avoid those artificial flavors and if craving a fall sip, I'll make myself a fall spiced drink using cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and some allspice. To get you into the season, I baked up these delicious cake square which would be perfect with a cup of coffee. If looking for a great and easy fall flavored dessert, test this recipe out!
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 can of pumpkin puree, not pie filling
- 2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 cup nonpareil chocolates
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine the sugars and warm coconut oil and a mixing bowl. Cream together.
- Then add in the eggs, vanilla, and maple syrup.
- Next, fold in the pumpkin puree.
- In a separate bowl combine the flour, spices, and baking powder. Add this dry mixture in batches to the wet mixture.
- Lastly, fold in the chocolate candies.
- Pour the batter into a parchment lined 9x11 pan. Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow to fully cool before cutting and serving.