When asked to bring some goodies for your little cousins that are nut-free, you begin to rack your brain.
Refined sugar-free- been there, done that.
No nuts? Am I SOL?
So many of the things I love to bake have some nut source, so I channeled my inner- sweet tooth (and maybe the cookie monsters too) and came up with a sweet treat that's nut-free and easy to make.
While these are for my little cousins as a Hannukah treat, these cups would also make a lovely holiday gift! I'm currently working on all my holiday baking and bagging *shoutout to my mom for stocking up on holiday treat gift bags so I never have to buy any*
From my chocolate covered kitchen to yours, I hope the start of your holiday cheer is sweet!
Servings: 6 lipsmackin' cups
- 1 bag (16 oz) of semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips
- 1 cup of mashed graham cereal or graham crackers
- Marshmallow fluff
- Line a muffin tin with silicone cup molds- I use these.
- Melt half of your chocolate using a double boiler OR in the microwave in 20-30 second increments. Do not over-melt or you will get chocolate that is not smooth.
- Spoon your melted chocolate into the mold. Then add about 1 teaspoon of the graham cereal on top.
- Place in the fridge to set- about 20-30 minutes.
- Once your first layer has set, melt the remaining chocolate.
- Add a dollop of marshmallow fluff on top of the graham layer.
- Then top with another layer of melted chocolate.
- Optional: Add a touch of graham on top.
- Set the cups in the fridge to set for another 30 minutes.