It's been super hectic in the banana house, and I apologize for not getting these posted sooner! But they're here just in time to have ready for a Christmas breakfast (says the Jewish girl).
Between wrapping up big projects at work, holiday parties, and the constant running around, I was able to whip up these healthy and delicious muffins!
I've been into using flax much more- it's filled with Omega-3s, fiber, and protein. Most importantly increasing my omega's is key to helping with skin to help balance my microbiome. The vitamin b's and rich fats in flaxseed and flaxseed oil help with dry skin and can help improve eczema.
These muffins are the perfect morning treat to keep you going through the day and are filled with healthy fats, fiber, and protein!
- 1/2 coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/3 olive oil
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 egg
- 1 cup all-purpose, white whole wheat, or gluten-free blend flour
- 1 tablespoon ground flax meal
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 non-dairy milk (unsweetened) + 1/2 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen
- 2 tablespoons flax seeds
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a muffin tin.
- Combine the oils, coconut sugar, and maple syrup.
- In another bowl combine the cinnamon, flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- Add the egg to the oil mixutre.
- Then in batches are the dry mix.
- Lastly, add the milk and cider.
- Finally, fold in the blueberries.
- Scoop the batter into the muffin ton, 3/4 of the way full. Top with flax seeds.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.