While I work at an amazing company with a fully stocked pantry, snacks for me tend to be rough. While there is fresh fruit, rice cakes, hummus, and guac- sometimes I just want a clean eat to get me through the afternoon slump.
Thus enter these bites.
For the past few weeks I have been making your typical protein bites, but I had some inspiration to make these super green ones after ending up with a half bag of pistachios and a plethora of zucchini bits and not being sure what to do with them.
I figured, why not add them to my favorite snack.
And bam, these babies were born, and they sure are good! Filled with healthy fats, clean eats, protein, and immunity boosting matcha, these zucchini bread taste-alike bites are the perfect afternoon eat.
So what are you waiting for? Add these into your food prep rotation!
Servings: 12 bites
- 1/4 cup finely chopped zucchini
- 1 teaspoon matcha
- 1/2 teaspoon ashwagandha (optional)
- 1/2 tablespoon protein powder (I used Vega Greens Vanilla)
- 1/2 cup pistachios
- 1 1/4 cup raw cashews
- 1 tablespoon cashew or nut butter
- 8-10 soft dates (more or less depending on size- mine were smaller)
- Add the nuts and dates to a food processor and pulse together for about 1 minute.
- Add the rest of the ingredients in and pulse until they form together around the processor blade.
- If the ingredients need help coming together, add 1/2 teaspoon of water at a time to loosen them up.
- Once mixed, roll into tablespoon sized bites.
- Store in a container in the refrigerator for up to one week.