Well, I dropped the ball on posting this just in time for the 4th of July.
Post-Charleston and with the rush back to work, I didn't have much time to post as we were planning an all out patriotic bash.
Little did we know celebrating our independence would include a bathroom flooding. As with any good drunken party, there is always a story and a touch a mayhem. By the end of the night we were looking at a good 1-2 inches of toilet water in our bathroom- not fun when your blitzed at 2 AM. But alas, the power of the margarita kicked in along with cleaning mode and we got that sh*t (thankfully, not literal) cleaned up.
These margarita's are the perfect refreshing sip for a hot summer day or just the thing to take the edge off after a stressful day. Free of added sugars and pre-made mixes, these cocktails come together easy and you can feel great about having them too.
Servings: 2 drinks
- 4 strawberries sliced
- 8 oz watermelon juice
- 2 oz triple sec
- 2 limes
- 2 oz of tequila
- Muddle the strawberries, juice of 1 1/2 limes, and the triple sec together.
- Add in the tequila and watermelon juice.
- Shake in a cocktail shaker.
- Strain, and pour the drink over ice.
- Garnish with remaining lime sliced and a sliver of strawberry.