Summer time is meant for chips and dip- the perfect non-meal, meal.
I wanted to share my version of guac thats full of citrus and spice. Its the perfect accompaniment to any chip, veggie crisp, or raw veggies.
And what better day than Sunday to share a dip recipe- why Sunday you might ask? Well, it's Game of Thrones day! While last week I wanted to share mini lemon cakes for the premier, I clearly didn't get a chance...but the thought was there.
Either way, whether enjoying a Sunday BBQ or prepping for your favorite show, make this delicious dip to enjoy!
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1 tomato, finely diced
- 1/4 cup finely diced red onion
- 1 small jalapeno, finely diced
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoon fresh orange juice
- Zest of 1 lime
- Juice of 1 lime
- Salt, pepper, and garlic powder to taste
- Mash together the two avocados. I use a potato masher!
- Stir in the tomato, jalapeno, red onion, citrus juice, lime zest, and cilantro.
- Season to taste.
- Enjoy with all the chips!