"It is the unknown we fear.."
Monday, I start my new adventure. Full of possibilities, the unknown, and some uncertainties, starting a new job is certainly a new leap. After leaving a place of comfort and great people, I start my new job next week, which I hope will be my next stepping stone to develop my skills for my career (and continue my wellness crusade).
Ending this chapter was bittersweet, but I'm excited to begin this new adventure to learn and grow. It is never easy leaving something or deciding to take a risk and start anew. However, life is about risks and finding opportunities that will challenge you and allow you to rise to the occasion.
So while starting the new and unknown is frightening, I'm heading in with an open mind and ready to take on whatever is thrown at me.
With that being said, I'm starting my week with the Basic Pumpkin Butter, which is all but a basic party in your mouth. Indulge your inner betch and make this butter for toast, yogurt, or to eat by the spponful.
- 1 1/2 cup toasted pumpkin seeds
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground clove
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground espresso
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Blend together all the ingredients in a food processor until smooth.
- Spread on everything and embrace your inner basic self.