While work has felt busier than ever and the weather has (FINALLY) started to cool down, I'm happy to say it's been a great week.
A week full of acceptance, love, gratitude, and confidence.
As I talk much about acceptance, being present, and managing anxiety, it is hard to actively implementing those every day. It is no easy feat and takes time- but it's starting to feel like things are slowly changing.
"Life starts all over again when it gets crisp in the fall"- F. Scott Fitzgerald
To help continue kicking off weeks full of gratitude, happiness, and less panic attacks, I've whipped up these protein apple muffins for the perfect pick-me-up afternoon snack. As a I prepare for my new job (IN JUST 1 WEEK) I've been working on stocking up on the best, clean, and delicious snacks to bring with me.
Servings: 12 muffins
- 1 apple, diced
- 1 tsp ghee, I used fourth and heart vanilla
- 2 scoops vanilla protein powder
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoon flax seed
- 1 cup apple sauce, unsweetened
- 3/4 cup almond milk, unsweetened
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
- Hemp hearts to top (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and line a muffin tin.
- Take your diced apple and sauté it in the ghee until soft- about 5 minutes.
- Whisk together the applesauce, spices, vanilla, and eggs.
- Next, mix in the protein powder and flax.
- Lastly, fold in the apples and chopped almonds.
- Scoop the batter into the muffin tins, about 3/4 of the way full.
- Top with a sprinkle of hemp hearts.
- Bake for 35 minutes until golden.
- Enjoy! (Once cooled, keep muffins in the fridge for 1 week, or freeze for longer.)