I've been meaning to share this one for sometimes, but you know the transition to a new job and life got in the way. But better late than never, right?
Last fall I had a similar drink in a bar and have been determined to replicate it. So once I came across a pumpkin spice liqueur recipe (and something to finally use up all my vodka) I knew that my version of the drink would emerge.
This drink is sweeter than your common old fashioned but the hints of spice and maple make it the perfect fall drink. It goes down easy, so I recommend upping the recipe to have more than 1. You could even make this a batch drink if hosting a Friendsgiving or make for your Thanksgiving meal- to share or not to share is up to you.
From my cocktail shaker to yours- enjoy this delicious sip!
Servings: 1 cocktail
- 1/2 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1 oz pumpkin spice liqueur
- 1 oz bourbon whiskey, I used a smokey maple whiskey, but any will do!
- 1 dash bitters
- 1/4 cup club soda
- Rind of orange and cinnamon stick to garnish
- Stir all the ingredients in a glass, excluding the seltzer.
- Pour over ice and then top with seltzer.
- Garnish with orange and cinnamon stick.