While it was only a four day week, it sure felt longer.
Around the fall is when my mood begins to change. While I adore the fall (and yes, dare I say pumpkin spice), something about this time of year always adds a damper to the mood.
Typically with the rush of holidays and my birthday a mix of emotions overcomes me and reminds me each year that my father is absent for these milestones. While this upcoming December marks his ten year anniversary of passing, I still get sad.
I've been working on setting intentions each day, being more mindful of my emotions, and taking a moment to let those feelings be instead of sweeping them under the rug. While I am incredibly aware of my feelings and what caused them and have even gotten better about managing my anxiety, there are still moments when I feel all hell will break loose. But rather than recognizing in the moment why I am upset and letting it go, I am taking a moment to just be.
And with that, I hope you too can just be.
Servings: 2 chia puddings
- 4 tablespoons of chia seeds
- 1 1/4 cup almond milk (unsweetened)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 4 figs
- 1 teaspoon ghee (I used a vanilla flavored one)
- Mix the chia seeds, milk, and spices well.
- Refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight
- Once the chia has expanded, divide between two bowls.
- Sautè the figs in the ghee for 1-2 minutes.
- Top figs on pudding.