Expect nothing and appreciate everything.
2018 has been the year of becoming more centered, mindful, and focused. Whether focusing on breathing through those stressful moments and not sweating the small stuff.
With that being said, after literally sweating the sh*t out at hot yoga last week, I needed a pick-me-up that would be a great snack. I wanted to make some muffins since I've been craving them and decided to land on a healthy carrot cake muffins.
A not too sweet bite, I couldn't stop eating these delicious bites. They make for the perfect snack- whether pre or post workout or a nom to watch during those nail-biting Olympic matches.
Servings: 10 muffins
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup melted ghee
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 3 tablespoons shredded coconut (unsweetened)
- 1 teaspoon maca powder
- 1 tablespoon ground flax
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup gluten-free flour
- 1/2 cup chopped dates
- 1/2 cup chopped cashews
- Preheat your oven to 350 degress and line a muffin tin.
- COmbine the sugar and ghee until the sugar slight dissolveds.
- Then add in the carrots, vanilla, and eggs.
- Next, fold in the cinnamon, flax, baking powder, maca, and flour.
- Lastly, add in the coconut, dates, and cashews.
- Spoon the batter into the muffin pan, about 3/4 of the way full.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Alllow the muffins to fully cool in the tin.