And just as we had a taste of warm weather, another large snow storm hit.
Snow days just equal baking, am I right?
I've been seeing lots of lemon poppyseed recipes pop up and wanted to take that idea and merge with banana bread, which I've been intensely craving. Thus, the lemon chia banana bread was born. A little bit sweet, a little bit citrusy, and little bit chia seedy- what could be bad?
This is a great bread option to enjoy as breakfast with a little almond butter for a good dose of healthy fats in the morning.
And with this bright loaf, I hope you get a little bit of sunshine in your day.
Choose purpose over perfect.
Servings: 1 Loaf
- 2 1/2 ripe bananas
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup buckwheat flour
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and grease a loaf size pan.
- Take the 2 1/1 bananas and maple syrup and add to a fry pan. Heat until banana is caramelized on all sidies.
- Combine the lemon zest, coconut sugar, and coconut oil. Then add in the vanilla extract, lemon juice, and cinnamon.
- Mash the caramalized bananas and mix them into the sugar mix. Then fold in the eggs. (Make sure the bananas are cooled so you don't get cooked eggs!)
- Then add in the buckwheat flour and baking soda.
- Next, add in the almond milk.
- Lastly, fold in the chia seeds.
- Pour the batter into the greased loaf pan. Use the remaining half banana to cut slices to place on top of the loaf.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow loaf to fully cool in pan.