Slow down, you're moving too fast..
On rainy days, there's something soothing about listening to Jack Johnson- and in particular this week this line resonates with me- aside from all the terrible rain we've been having in NYC.
One of my goals over the past few weeks has been to really listen to what my body tells me- and this week it manifested in my foot being sore, another eczema breakout, and sore teeth from cavity fillings.
So I took two days off from exercising- which is hard for me- most of my close friends know that a morning sweat is my sanctuary and keeps my grounded. But with a bust foot I needed to just sleep and care for myself.
In the theme of slow and comfort, these baked oatmeal bars are the perfect morning treat, snack, or dessert. Roommates + cookie monster approved, their low in added sugar and give you all the feels.
Servings: 16 bars
- 2 cups chopped peaches
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoon melted coconut oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup chopped and toasted pecans
- 2 cups gluten-free rolled oats
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and grease an 8x8 square pan.
- Mix together the sugar, and coconut oil. Then add in the vanilla, cinnamon, and egg.
- Lastly, fold in the oats, pecans, and peaches.
- Pour into greased pan and bake for 40 minutes.