As I'm sitting in the AC post sun-bathing in Charleston, I'm truly craving these meatballs after my mom made a killer pecan pesto. Though I'd make these tonight for dinner, my arms, back, and abs are so sore from the boxing class cookie monster and I did yesterday.
In recent weeks, I've come to realize how sometimes there will always be a "grass is always greener" mentality. I sometimes look at friends and acquaintances and feel they have it so good, forgetting how much good I have in my life.
Whether it be work or accomplishments, it's important we take a step back and pause and recognize all we have. Could it be better? Perhaps. Could it be worse? Of course. But what is here and now in the present is all that matters. You never know the facade others put on and how your life and reality could be so much better than their.
And with taking a moment to appreciate it, I'll be enjoying vacation with cookie monster, pup, my mom, and cookie monster's mom. (Yes we are all here together and no catastrophic event has occurred). Here's to BBQ faces and gin and tonics.
- 2 16 oz packages of ground chicken
- 1 cup chopped spinach
- 1 tablespoon ground flax
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper, and chili flakes
- 1 medium onion thinly sliced
- 1 can of artichoke hearts in water
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- In a baking pan, grease the bottom and lay in the artichokes and onions. Season with salt and pepper.
- Combine the spinach, spices, ground chicken, and flax. Roll into meatballs and place on top of onions and artichokes.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes.
- Spoon 4-5 tablespoons of your favorite pesto on top of the meatballs and toss together.