Not to toot my own horn or anything, but this is hands down the best vegan banana bread I've ever attempted/made/eaten.
After 2 tried this bread is super moist, full of chocolate, and the perfect sweet breakfast- I've been enjoying mine with a morning smoothie that keeps me full late into the day. It's been a busy few weeks at work so having a power breakfast is key.
This banana bread comes together in no time and is so delicious, I highly recommend making two. One for a morning snack and the other as a dessert.
Servings: 1 loaf
- 2 mashed bananas
- 1 zucchini shredded and squeezed out (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 flax egg (2 tablespoons ground flax + 1 tablespoon water)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup cacao powder
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 cup gluten free all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup dairy free chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup cacao nibs
- Grease a loaf pan and preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix your water plus flax and set aside.
- Combine the mashed banana and squeezed zucchini and set aside.
- Mix the maple syrup, vanilla, coconut sugar, and coconut oil well.
- Then stir in the banana zucchini mix.
- Once your flax egg has thickened, add it to the mixture.
- Next fold in the cacao powder and baking soda.
- Then fold in the gf flour.
- Add in the almond milk.
- Lastly, fold in the chocolate chips and cacao nibs.
- Pour the batter into the loaf pan and bake for 37 minutes.
- Let fully cool before cutting.