It's been raining in NYC and my body feels exhausted (we recently got a Peloton and the addiction is real).
I'm too hot in my apartment or freezing from the AC to feel like I actually want to cook but want to share another healthy delicious recipe.
My dad's birthday is coming up and I'm reminded of the cases, yes cases, we would bring home of Manua Loa chocolate covered macadamia nuts.
So I mustered over the energy to walk the 4 avenues and 4 blocks to my local Trader Joes to hoard the affordable nuts and grab some macadamia nuts because I'm feeling fancy.
All these thoughts went through my head and these delicious no bake cookies were born. I honestly didn't expect them to turn out so good, buy my snack-reviews all give a two thumbs up. I'll keep this short and sweet- this cookies are the bomb, are easy as shiz to make, and don't make you feel like crap- what else could you want?
Servings: 10 Cookies
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 1/2 cup macadamia nuts, divided
- 12 pitted soft date
- 1/4 cup gluten free oats
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips (vegan if needed)
- Pulse the dates, 1/4 cup of macadamia nuts, oats, and cashews together.
- Then add in the cinnamon, vanilla, maple syrup, and coconut flour. Pulse a few more times.
- Then add in the remainig 1/4 cup macadamia nuts (chopped), and 1/4 cup white chocolate chips.
- Pulse until the mixture combine.
- Take a tablespoon of the dough and flatten into a circle cookie. Add a few extra white chocolate chips on top.
- Refrigerate to let the cookies set.