When stressed, I tend to bake- and by bake I mean I make loads of cookies. I keep seeing Nutella cookies and I happen to love one certain chocolate chip recipe, so I thought why not combine it? Cook's Illustrated produces perfect products, which I often refer to for a multitude of recipes as well as refer to for various cooking techniques. They recipe-test multiple times and truly have created an incredible chocolate chip cookie recipe. I've adapted the recipe a bit, but the original link is here:Cook's Illustrated Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookies
Chocolate Chip Nutella Stuffed Cookies
- 1 3/4 Cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 3/4 (14 Tablespoons) Sticks of Unsalted Butter
- 1/2 Cup of Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 Cup of Brown Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 2 Teaspoons of Vanilla
- 1 Large Egg
- 1 Large Egg Yolk
- 1 1/4 Cups of Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place Butter into a pan on the stove. Melt the butter and allow it to brown.
- In a bowl combine the sugars, egg, egg yolk, vanilla, and salt.
- In a separate bowl mix the flour and baking soda together.
- Take the browned butter and add it to the sugar mixture. Whisk well to get out all of the lumps.
- Slowly add a small amount of the flour mixture and stir. Continue this until all of the flour and baking soda mixture is incorporated into the sugar mixture.
- Allow the dough mixture to cool for five minutes.
- Then add the chocolate chips. (The mix needs to cool, otherwise the chocolate chips wil melt from the hot butter.)
- Take a spoonful of cookie dough and flatten with your palms. Then place a small dollop of Nutella (1/2 teaspoon approximately) in the middle of the dough. Then fold over the cookie sides to cover the Nutella and form a small ball.
- Place the cookie balls on a parchment lined baking sheet and bake for about 10-14 minutes, or until the cookies appear golden brown.
- Allow cookies to cool then move to a wire rack and allow the cookies to completely cool.