I can’t say I am happier that this week is over. It was one of those weeks were it seemed everything went wrong. My dog kept eating my one plant that I have managed to keep alive for more than a month (uch), I watched parking authority give me a ticket as I was one minute over the meter (double uch), and I scrambled to finally finish my thesis (triple uch). Let’s just say many happy hours were attended this week. But on a brighter note, I am officially moving to NYC and I submitted my thesis. Yay’s all around!
To celebrate the sweeter notes of this week, I baked up some cookies with one of my favorite combinations: pistachios, dried cranberries, and white chocolate. I hope these make your week a bit sweeter too!
White Chocolate, Pistachio, and Dried Cranberry Cookie Bars
1 hour 15 mins
1 hour 28 mins
- 1 Stick of Butter (at room temperature)
- 3/4 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon of Vanilla
- 2 Eggs
- 1 3/4 Cups of Flour
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Cup Chopped Pistachios
- 1 Cup Dried Cranberries
- 2 Cups of White Chocolate Chips
- Cream the butter and sugars together.
- Then add in the two eggs and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl combine the dry ingredients (flour, salt, baking soda).
- In increments add the dry ingredients to the mixing bowl and incorporate them well.
- Then add the pistachios, white chocolate and dried cranberries.
- Refrigerate your dough for at least one hour.
- Once dough has firmed up, preheat your oven to 350 degree.
- Take a heaping spoonful of cookie dough and gently roll in into a ball before placing on a parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Let the cookies cool slightly before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.